Xbox Series X pre-orders UK – all you need to know
After a very messy pre-order period for the PS5, we’re expecting a more orderly (but still quite frantic) launch of Xbox Series X pre orders, which go live alongside Xbox Series S pre orders. Here’s what you need to know:
– Pre-orders will go live in the UK from 8am on Tuesday, September 22nd
– Some retailers will enable them straight away, others may implement a queue system, while some will keep their own schedule and launch later in the day
– Retailers who will go live with pre-orders include GAME, Currys, Argos, Amazon, AO, Smyths Toys, Very and several others
– Both the Xbox Series S and X will launch together, as was the case with the PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition
– We expect stock to be quite limited, though probably not quite to the same degree as the PS5, which has been confirmed as struggling for production numbers
– Looking for an Xbox Series X bundle? Based on past experience, we don’t expect that we’ll see any console with a game bundles in the initial wave of pre-orders. However, we may see some bundles that combine consoles with accessories, such as new Xbox controllers. That said, we recommend not hanging around too long if your preferred bundle isn’t available – focus on the console first and foremost
Here’s a selection of top retailers and what we think they’re likely to do on Tuesday morning:
GAME Xbox Series X pre-order bundles
We expect GAME to have the largest selection of ready-to-go Xbox Series X bundles when they launch their pre-orders, which is likely to be pretty much on the dot of the 8am launch time. If their PS5 stock consignment was anything to go by, expect them to have perhaps the most robust Series X stock.
Currys Xbox Series X pre-order bundles
While we don’t expect demand to be quite so high for the Xbox Series X as it was the PS5 (nor supply so limited), we would not be surprised to see Currys do what they did for the PS5 launch last week and instigate a queue system before allowing people in to the site for pre-orders. Our top tip is to have patience – refreshing the page is likely to cause issues or make you lose your spot in the queue. Don’t be dismayed if met with a long expected queue time when you first join, either – many will see the queue time and likely drop out beforehand, helping move you up the queue. We expect Currys will launch around 8am.
Amazon Xbox Series X pre-order bundles
Another early starter, Amazon will go on the firing pistol at 8am most likely. However, they may stagger the Series X and Series S somewhat, as they did with the PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition. If that does happen, keep an eye on this page and our social channels, where we’ll report on the information as we get. Like GAME, Amazon are likely to be one of the few retailers who offer pre-order bundles as well as the console by itself, so don’t miss out if you’re intent on picking up a bundle.
AO Xbox Series X pre-order bundles
AO haven’t been hugely active in the gaming sector recently, but they have a very solid website (s likely not to struggle under the strain of the traffic), are likely to be receiving a solid amount of Series X stock and have a superb reputation among customers. They could be a fantastic place to try and pick up a Series X, particularly if the likes of GAME and Amazon run low on stock quickly.
Argos Xbox Series X pre-order deals
Finally, we have Argos. Though the retailers have had plenty of time to prepare for the Xbox Series X launch, we have a sneaking suspicion that Argos may delay the launch of their deals; they were just about the last major UK retailer to launch on the PS5, and their site is typically very robust, so they’ll feel confident about surviving a bombardment of traffic if they are the last to launch. They, like Currys and most others, are likely to launch with just the consoles by themselves, rather than bundles.