Let's be honest, the cost of getting a brand new games console can sometimes make your eyes water. If you are wanting to get your hands on one of the next-gen consoles you are looking at around the £400 mark, and that's without games or accessories included.
Thankfully, there is a different approach that you can take: helping make that initial hit on your bank balance a little bit less painful.
Several mobile phone retailers are providing options to purchase a console by either bolting a deal onto your existing contract or taking a new mobile phone contract with a free gift (as part of a bundle). This helps spread the payments monthly, meaning you aren't having to fork out such a huge upfront cost.
At the time of writing this article, the Nintendo Switch (including the standard and lite models) can be picked up as part of a bundle. In this guide, we'll break down where you can get your hands on such a deal.
Mobile Phone deals bundled with a free Nintendo Switch console
If you're determined to grab yourself a Switch but aren't sure which phone you're looking for, you can use the following links from our partner retailers to browse bundles based around the Nintendo Switch...
- Mobile Phones Direct are currently offering the latest iPhone, Samsung and Sony mobiles (among others) and bundling in a free Nintendo Switch Neon Console.
- Fonehouse have a good selection of phone including the iPhone 12 and Samsung Galaxy S20 bundled with a free Nintendo Switch Console in Grey. They also have the Nintendo Switch lite model available in Grey.
- For the best range of Switch availability, we'd recommend O2's payment spreading options. They also allow you to specify the contract length and repayment options ideal for budgeting. They currently have available the Switch in Neon and Grey, aswell as all colour options on the Nintendo Switch Lite.
- EE have a dedicated "Add to Plan" section, which enables you to build your own bundle, this includes a Nintendo Switch (Grey), Nintendo Switch Lite and a number of games and accessories.
Already got a phone contract or not due an upgrade?
If you've already got a mobile phone contract but you're still interested in grabbing a Nintendo Switch and spreading those payments...
- For existing EE customers, you can add a free Nintendo Switch console, Nintendo Switch Lite or a number of games and accessories to your existing payment plan and pay it off monthly as part of your mobile phone contract bill
- If you're already an O2 customers, you can add a Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch Lite to your existing contract and pay it off monthly by spreading the cost.
Which phone models are available as a bundle with a free Nintendo Switch console
We don't tend to see the latest mobile phones available as part of these bundles. For example, the latest iPhone 13 model isn't available as part of a bundle with a Switch - we put this down to the demand for the iPhone 13 being so high on initial launch.
Right now, you can expect to grab phones such as the iPhone 12, Samsung S20, Sony Experia 10 III and Google Pixel 4a. Not quite top of the range, but a damn good option if you ask me!
Phone retailers to keep an eye on
Our team here at console-deals.com regularly check gaming bundles with our partner retailers: unfortunately they don't always offer bundles with gaming items. On our last check, the following retailers were missing gaming free gifts: Mobiles.co.uk, Affordable Mobiles, e2save Mobiles and Carphone Warehouse
We'll keep checking with our partner retailers to keep this guide updated, let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.
Guide Last Updated: 16th December 2021
NB: The information in this guide does not constitute financial advice, always do your own research on top to ensure it's right for your specific circumstances. The content in our guide focuses on finance options and interest rates, not the level of service offered.