A Tale of Two Gamers: Pokemon Red/Blue Challenge
View all blog posts
- The game is afoot. Read day 1’s diary entry!
- To Kanto and back again. Read day 2’s diary entry!
- All’s fair in love and Pokemon. Read day 3’s diary entry!
- We’re not in Pallet Town anymore. Read day 4’s diary entry!
What’s going on?
Each has 5 days to amass as strong a team of Pokémon as possible before a final showdown in what could potentially be the greatest grudge match in Pokémon history (it won’t be, neither have played Red or Blue before and Gaz has zero idea what he’s doing).
We’ll be featuring the activities of both via their daily diaries, here on the blog, as they traverse the kingdom of Kanto attempting to accrue a team. The prize is pride, and more importantly, office bragging rights.
To keep things interesting, there are some ground rules…
- Each player can only play for a maximum of 5 days
- Each player can only play for 30 minutes per day
- Each player can only use 5 Poké Ball’s in total. That’s right… if they miss a throw, its tough luck and could be curtains on their attempt to be crowned in house champion.
With the rules laid out, let battle commence!